The government shutdown, hosted by the Tea Party, is no party, despite the smiles on the faces of those Tea party congressional representatives shortly after midnight. And, for those who support them, it will be no party once they learn just how negatively a shutdown affects them and those they love on a personal level. The meals on wheels that seniors rely upon because they can no longer prepare their own meals, will no longer be available. Those who work for the federal government will not receive a paycheck, and will be sent home on furlough. Those paychecks support small businesses, and the economy overall.
And yet, they smile. And the tea party supporters cheer them on. In my opinion, wanting to shut the government down is tantamount to treason. The problem is that it appears that most of these tea party types have no clue as to how our government really works, and, how so many, even themselves, rely upon it.
Their goal? To stop Obamacare, or as it is properly called, the Affordable Healthcare Act, passed into law, and found constitutional by a U.S. Supreme Court with a conservative majority. The American people voted and re-elected President Obama and their votes represented the approval of the healthcare Act, which Romney stated he was totally against. Guess what? Romney lost … big time. Therefore, it appears as if the Tea party remains in denial as to the outcome of the election, as if a shutdown changes anything. It changes nothing. Obamacare went into effect at midnight ET which makes it appear as if the Tea party types are tilting at windmills and receiving a huge salary for doing absolutely nothing during their tenure other than attempt to be obstructionist. Maybe it is time for the tea party supporters to re-evaluate their ‘leaders’ and recall them all.
To Tea party supporters, when you cannot get the police to your home when you need them, or an ambulance, or even the fire department: how loud will you cheer then, and to where will your huge smirk of satisfaction vanish?
- Congress, tea party hit all-time low in approval rating (fox43.com)
- Shutting Down The Tea Party? (dish.andrewsullivan.com)
- The End is Near…for John Boehner and the GOP (planetpov.com)
- Poll: Tea Party Support Hits All-Time Low Nationally (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- I’ve Finally Figured Out Why Some Crazy Republicans Want To Shut The Government Down! (businessinsider.com)
- The Tea Party Is Insane…..Here’s Proof (justsouthofhell.wordpress.com)
- Tea Party “at New Low” (slog.thestranger.com)
- Piers Morgan solution: shut down tea party, not government (theblaze.com)