Just when you think Ted Cruz will accept his recent political defeat, and fade away … at least for a little while, he comes up with something new to frustrate those who feel he should not even be a member of the United States Senate.
This time, he should have choked on his words! He had the unmitigated gall to say that the ‘Stand Your Ground Laws’ are beneficial mostly to the African-American community! And, adding insult to injury, Trayvon Martin‘s mother was in the hearing room. Apparently, he has taken his callousness to an all new low. Beneficial? Tell that to the parents of the two most recent victims of this law. His comment was the equivalent of repeating the comments of those who attempt, in retrospect, to say that African-American slaves were ‘happy’ on the plantations.
Ted Cruz apparently has no filter between his brain and his mouth. Unless when an apology is due, then he seems to think long and hard before he refuses to apologize. An apology is due, not only to the parents of those two teenage victims, but to the African-American community as well. A public apology and in writing! He seems to like being in front of the cameras, so he should call a press conference and make the apology. He needs to be made accountable for his nonsensical comments. He seems to feel that pandering to the Tea Party will make him a ‘player’ and a ‘contender’ in the next presidential election. He should pull Sarah Palin to the side and asked her just how that worked out for her in her failed bid for Vice-President of the United States. The Tea Party backed her, and she lost … big time. Sean Penn, (see link below), says that Ted Cruz should be committed to a mental asylum. Apparently Mr. Penn is saying what a tremendous amount of people are thinking.
- Trayvon Martin’s Mother Responds to Ted Cruz’s Stand Your Ground Remarks (mediaite.com)
- Ted Cruz advises Trayvon Martin’s mom to just chill and take one for Team Black (rawstory.com)
- Sen. Ted Cruz Defends Law to Trayvon’s Mom (theroot.com)
- Ted Cruz Tells Trayvon’s Mother Why Stand Your Ground Laws Can’t Possibly Be ‘Racist’ (mediaite.com)
- George Clooney: Sen. Ted Cruz Makes Me ‘Panic’ (breitbart.com)
- Ted Cruz Defends Stand Your Ground, Says Lawmakers Want To ‘Exploit’ Trayvon Martin’s Death (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sean Penn: Commit Ted Cruz, Tea Party Pols by Executive Order (breitbart.com)